Wednesday 19 December 2012

Proposal Of My Documentary

________________________________
Should DANCE Be In The Olympics?
The aims of my documentary would be to try and get the evidence and answers for my five main questions. Whilst getting the answers for these questions I will look at trying to get opinions of the topic and on these main questions from random people and experts but the lead up of this document is to answer the main question. Underneath shows the 5 questions that I am looking to get answered and these are;
When was dance classified as a sport
Why should dance be considwered in the Olympics
Who decides what sports are put into the Olympics
How does dance compare to other existing Olympic sport events i.e syncorinzied swimming, floor gymnastics and figure skating
How is floor gymnastics and synchronised
My main reasoning for this topic is purely to answer a question that has been un-answered for a long time and see how things are changing (Olympics).
Content
The content in my documentary would be things like vox pops, for example I plan to interview random people in stratford and get their opinions of the Olympics just gone and then talk about what they think about dance and should it be in the olympics. I want it to look almost like you see it on Snog, marry, avoid as you see lots of box pops from random people in a busy area.


I would also include interviews with experts, as my document I want it to be set up like Top Gear so in a studio and all the footage seen is like stuff that I as a presenter have gone of sight to film i.e the box pops. So as I want interviews, I would have the interviews in the set up studio like how you'd see it on top gear.

I would also like to use archive footage of past dance competitions for example XXL Street Dance Championships, UK Street Dance Championships just so that known dancers can see the life of a dancer competing in dance shows which can reflect back on the scoring question. How would dance be judge in comparison to figure skating and gymnastics. I would also use archive footage of the olympics as throughout my documentary I want to compare the sporting events to dance maybe by using a spilt screen. I would also like to have some footage I've filmed to make an opening montage.
Target Audience                                            My main target audience would be towards the younger generation up until the middle generation so from 14-24 therefore has to have lots of different elements that are keen to all of the age groups across that board. I want it to reach out to males and females as dance is not just specific to one gender like football. I don't want it to come across as a specific show that only reaches out to dancers or Olympians as I want it to broadcast a lot.  
Format
The format would be based upon a studio set up with links to live coverage of me finding out information and talking about specific stuff i.e when talking about the olympics I would hope to film near the stadium which would also show that I'm out of the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment