Monday 25 February 2013

Production Log Week 1

WEEK ONE

Week One of my documentary commencing together was mainly about the planning, I had to sit down and consider what things I wanted to film when and what order they would most be easier to do them in. I looked at the people I wanted to interview and when it would be best to call them down to film them. I also had to look at the venues, for example the dance studio being the main problem as dance classes are going on I had to see what day would be the best to film the interview with Kenrick Sandy due to noise.

Wednesday: Coming away from what I planned I decided to go to Westfield shopping centre with Guneet (Former Chadwell Heath student) who was my camera operator. This was to film the opening speech 'Should dance be in the Olympics?' and to film the box pops. This felt most realistic to do as I did not need to do call sheets for because it was a public intake of the subject.
Pictures of Stratford Westfield shopping centre 







After filming the box pops, I decided to also that week film I.M.D/Boy Blue members at centre stage dance studio, this was to add a variety of opinions to my topic and gain expert opinions (I.M.D) as they are a competition dance based group. This consisted of me asking them questions which ran to about 1hour of filming, as I needed to film cutaways as well. 

After reflecting back on this week, I believe there was not many issues, as I didn't film much and didn't have major things to film. This week was a successful week because I done the things and I need to do in the time frame I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment